Sunday, November 23, 2008

What's Love Got to Do with It?

The other day at Liam's IEP, his speech therapist mentioned that she had seen his lunches. She commented on how nutritious they were (I knew someone was checking) and how "they are made with such love". I laughed about this later because every night, when I am making those lunches, attempting to address two children's quite different personal preferences, nutritional requirements and allergies, the words I'm muttering under my breath have nothing whatsoever to do with love.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi,
I just dropped in after reading your interview on Patricia Robinson's blog ( which was very good)I am a teacher of kids with ASD in a special school setting in Australia. It got me wondering if the children I teach know that they have ASD. I just took it for granted that they knew ( very ignorant really)I will be asking parents when we return after Summer break. I'll check in again and see what you are up to.
Sue