Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School

Yesterday was Liam's first day of second grade and it seems to have gone very well. He came home happy and had good behavior all afternoon and evening. His favorite part of the day was a visit from some surprise guests. A couple of sixth-grade girls had taken an interest in Liam last year and two of them even came to his birthday party, as I mentioned in that post. He talked about them all summer and kept asking me to call them for playdates, but I didn't want to bother them. He had asked about them recently and I said, "Buddy, they're going on to middle school. I don't think you're going to see them again." Apparently, I was wrong. "His" girls showed up at the school yesterday morning to see him. He must have been ecstatic. Rob said he was so happy he couldn't even look at them. My gratitude goes out to these extraordinary young ladies who would take the time to make a little boy's first day of school extra-special.

1 comment:

Bonnie sayers said...

School starts at different times all over the place, so it seems. We are in Los Angeles with a start date of Sep 3 and 4th for my kids.