Saturday, March 28, 2009

Small Miracle #34a

The other evening I asked Rob to get take-out since I had been at work all afternoon. Liam's babysitter had taken him to the park, and they got back after the rest of us had started eating. As he sat down and started on his tacquitos, I said, "Tell Daddy thank you for getting the food." He said, "Thanks, Daddy" and then added, "I'm sorry I was late." My son has NEVER apologized unprompted for anything. It struck me as so funny and sweet that his first apology was for something that (a) wasn't his fault and (b) no one was mad at him for. I actually had to leave the room and cry.

1 comment:

Sue said...

It's good to see that you are writing again.When I first started reading blogs of families impacted by ASD, yours one one of the first I found.I am sorry that things are not good for your son at school at the moment.
Take care.